Showdown: Santi E.Lite + vs Otter Attlantic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharknado4

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I'm down to these 2 options from Santi vs Otter and I wanted to summarise here the construction and feature details that I managed to gather, so I can get some further opinions!

Otter's website just mentions that the new Otter Atlantic (not Kevlar) is made from the same skin as the Brittanic, which after some communication with them it's a Cordura Nylon/Butyl/Polyester, with an avg weight of ~530g/m^2 (505 - 560g/m^2) all over the suit.

Overall weight: 6+ Kg range

---

Santi E.Lite+ on the other hand uses a combo of Ripstop Nylon/Butylene/Ripstop Nylon 365-425g/sqm and Ripstop Nylon/Butylene/Polyester 515g/sqm (upper suit and back legs).

+ Kevlar knees

Overall weight: ~4 Kg

---
They'd both be Made to Measure with a Si-tech Quick Neck seal and neoprene socks + Rock boots

---

Differences: Otter vs Santi

Pee valve: Otter vs Apeks/Halcyon

Wrist seals: Kubi fitted vs Santi smart seals

Inflator / Exhaust valves: Si-tech vs Apeks

So regardless the price tag, do you have any strong opinions between one or another?

Intented purpuse is UK waters so far, with intention to longer exposures as I advanced through my tech courses (defo wreck pen and potentially cave)

So how do these 2 kgs of difference translate really in terms of durability/flexibility if anyone has tried both?

And lastly, how about customer support for Santi in UK vs Otter in Europe (Currently in UK, but I might not be soon enough)

Possibly the support bit will be the deciding factor as I've read good reviews for both.

Many thanks and apologies if I'm repeating any previous post, I just couldnt find a straight comparison of the 2.

Happy dives all!

Back
Top Bottom