Show Off Your Landscape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jcsgt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Come on, fellow Scubaboarders, show us your Underalls...er...landscaping and yard photos!

Here's my first attempt at a waterfall. I'm going to enlarge the pond area so I can replace koi I lost to raccoons, last May.
waterfall.jpg

Electric fences or nets, weighed down in such a way that they can't just roll a rock over and pull your net up, should keep them at bay. Otherwsie you need something like a 6 foot pool and 3 foot depth to keep the koi safe, and even that isn't a guarentee.

Wish there was a place for a pond at my house, front yard is swamp for 3/4 of the year and our backyard is....ugly....

I do have a shotgun. I hear that's a deterrent.

We don't have a yard....so, when I exit our building, walk to the corner and cross the street this is the view we had before they started putting in the temporary sewage canal that is now floating on top of the Ala Wai...

AlaWai_HM103.jpg

AlaWaiIII_HM103.jpg

Elvis_HM103.jpg

TheFoggyMask:
Its not his fault you're putting tastey easy to see fishes in a little pond =(

Poor 'coons....
I was kidding, I would never hurt the little buggers, they have to live too. They were here, first, and they're losing their territory due to home construction. I just don't want to buy fish just to feed them.

I'm trying to avoid netting, if possible. I plan to enlarge the pond to 4-5' and bring the edges out quite a bit. Raccoons won't get in water that deep, so that should help.

Lisa, I just love your night shots, especially the landscapes. I would love to have a back yard like that!

Thanks Jcsgt :D I get to enjoy it, but don't have to maintain it...works for me :wink:

as for your pond. If you do it right you will create a real biotop going and you'll get salamanders and and frogs and and and ....dragonflies....I can see it already

Actually, I have two larger ponds (no waterfall) and two very small ponds that I maintain strictly for wildlife. In the late spring-summer time, the frogs drive me absolutely nuts with their croaking. They're very noisy during breeding season, and they go all night, but they do keep the 'squitoes down. I also have a few salamanders, snails and other usual garden pond suspects. I'll try to post some pic's of the other ponds, soon. Maybe today, after it's too hot to work outside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom