Show me how you transport your gear...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tplyons

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When diving at the quarry, I've kept my camera and housing in the cardboard box from the manufacturer on the front seat.

However, I'm starting to upgrade and get some decent equipment, so I want to protect it.

Let's see your transportation solution for your camera. I'm not sure I can commit to a full blown Pelican case yet since my rig will be changing, but I'd be interested to see your transportation solutions to transport housing, arms, strobes, and fiber optic cables.

I use the 12 pack softside cooler from American Outdoors. AO Coolers: 12 Pack Soft Sided Cooler
They are waterproof, so you can soak your rig in the bag after diving. Available in lots of colors and includes monogram stitching.
12%20char_500.jpg

Wanna be cheap... Sneak out on garbage night and collect a few couch cushions. Cut the covers off and you have exposed the treasured foam. If it is old and discolored and crumbly... you live in a bad neighborhood. :) If it is reasonably good shape great.

Find an appropriately sized hard sided igloo cooler. Steal the wife's bread knife and go to town, cutting the foam to custom make a bed for your components... remember to set them deep and save room for a foam lid that goes over everything.. When you are done, cut 4 or 5 nice chunks and you have sponges to wash the car for the next two years..

If taking it assembled, I use a polar cooler 24 pack for a DSLR with arms and strobes connected. That is what I use to carry to/from dive boats. If you have a water supply, it works as a rinse tank as well.

For "drive & dives," I use a Pelican case.

Pelican Cases for Travel from Pelican-Case.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I use the same pelican case for travel, this is the cheapest place I've found it: https://www.pelicancasesforless.com/p-11430-pelican-1510-case.aspx

The cool thing is leisure pro will price match it and beat it by 5%.

How collapsible is that cooler? I would like to be able to stuff it in a bag with my clothes, etc., but I'm not sure it will fit the bag I check.

great info!!

How collapsible is that cooler? I would like to be able to stuff it in a bag with my clothes, etc., but I'm not sure it will fit the bag I check.

I've put the cooler in my checked baggage and I've also used it as my "personal item" along with my photo backpack carry-on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've put the cooler in my checked baggage and I've also used it as my "personal item" along with my photo backpack carry-on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the cooler will fold down flat to about 2-4 inches thick?
I bought the pelican 1510 because it's carry on size and has wheels so I bring that as carry on with my rig in it, I have a Case logic back pack with my lenses, accessories, laptop, regulator, dive computer and tripod as my personal item. everything else gets checked in my dive bag. So I want to make sure this cooler fits the checked bag.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom