Shout out for Wetwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobbyT22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently purchased a custom 5mm Rubatex full wetsuit from Wetwear. The model is the Atlantic Jumpsuit with EZ-on zippers on the arms and legs. After a few dives, I am so happy with it I wanted to share the news and recommend it to anyone thinking about going custom for a wetsuit. I tried a bunch of off the shelf sizes from a variety of manufacturers, but I am an in-between size and none of them fit quite right. I have short thick legs, broad shoulders and long arms (save the ape jokes please) so sizing was tough. I was skeptical about the added cost and effort of a custom wetsuit, but now after diving one I see it was well worth it. It fits like it was, well, made for me (Duh!). The EZ-on zippers on the arms and legs are awesome. I didn't want those either at first, but the wetwear folks strongly recommended them and they were right. They know their stuff. So, bottom line, if you are thinking about spending the extra money and getting a custom wetsuit but are hesitating, go for it. You will love it.

Wow thanks for the review...I have looked at their website numerous times...Good to hear.

One more thing...they were flexible on price too. Good luck with your wetsuit search.

Depending on options and thickness, 400-450 ish for a 5 mil. More for a 7mm, less for a 3mm. That is with the ez on zips, which are very nice. Less for without.

Mine was also more because I needed it rushed and had it fed-ex'd overnight. If you are willing to wait 3-4 weeks significant price difference of about 50.00 off. I planned poorly and wasted time buying off the shelf wetsuits and returning them, so I was in a crunch to make my dive date with the new suit. My fault entirely.

Bottom line...a 3 mil no extra features is not that bad, probably $350. A 7 mil with all the bells and whistles will easily cost you over 500 bucks. But I am not the manufacturer, this is just based on the research I did before buying.

Did you consider any other custom suit companies? If so, why did you go with Wetwear?

I am looking at a 7mm suit for So. Cal and winter local dives but don't want to spend a fortune on one as it will get only 10-20 dives a season.

I too have some sizing issues...teardrop shape so the chest area is usually too big while the belly is too small. S**ks to get old!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom