Suggestion Should we have a forum for religious discussions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison:
Do not feed the troll.
Rick

Trolling implies that I'm taking a position to get a reaction.

I'm actually not at all kidding around with that statement that I made.

And I'm making a point that BJD made what probably appeared to him to be a perfectly reasonable comment and it hit me exactly on my worst seriously raw nerve w.r.t religion. That is why we don't need the forum here.

Thread Closed.

Here is the pertinent excerpt form our ToS regarding religion:
While we encourage discussion about a wide range of subjects, there are certain areas which elicit more animosity and subsequently far more flames. Consequently we ask that discussions involving politics and nationalities or anything of a sexual nature be reserved for other message boards that are better venues for these topics.

You will notice that while discussions involving politics and nationalities or anything of a sexual nature is proscribe... religion is not excluded from discussion on Scuba Board.

But more to the actual point of what should govern your discussions on Scuba Board:
In order to meet the needs of our users and maintain a professional level of discussion, ScubaBoard operates under a “work place friendly” code of ethics. While discussions may touch on “adult” subjects, profanity, personal insults, discrimination and otherwise offensive content is never allowed. Our intent is to ensure that any individual using ScubaBoard in a work place environment can feel comfortable that no coworker, employee or boss would take offense to the content shown and that the content would not violate any law related to workplace harassment or discrimination.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Thread reopened. Please do not post to this thread unless you have read the above ToS and can abide by it.

lamont:
Trolling implies that I'm taking a position to get a reaction.

I'm actually not at all kidding around with that statement that I made.

And I'm making a point that BJD made what probably appeared to him to be a perfectly reasonable comment and it hit me exactly on my worst seriously raw nerve w.r.t religion. That is why we don't need the forum here.

well Lamont, you have a chink in your armor I see, not good chess in a world of trolls:D

lamont:

Because you have seriously raw nerves?

Steaming helps the seriously raw. Maybe Lamont needs a sauna and massage. :)

i need a tequila shot with a beer chaser, but i have a darn Code Enforcement
Board hearing to go to tonight... soo...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom