Suggestion Should we have a forum for religious discussions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is an international forum. I would suggest that religeous discussions could become very problematic as it's a subject that very few people can agree upon even if they are of a like mind, culture, and upbringing.

Another thought is how does it in any way have anything to do with Scuba, unless of course diving is one's religeon.. hmmm, I might be onto something here :wink:

Attend the church of Ron, and avoid the Bends. If you do get bent, then you must not truely believe... that will be $20 please....:05:

a while back i would haqve said yes, but i think religion is one of those things
best left to the individual

it's hard not to offend people without meaning to while talking about this subject

I thought we already did...:D

MOF vs NMOF
PADI vs everyone else
DIR vs everyone else
Stab jackets vs BP/W
Need for pony vs Never use a pony
and so on....:D

Paul in VT

Scuba does seem like a religion at times and you can see how much trouble some threads get into. Having an actual religion forum is just asking for trouble.

PaulChristenson:
I thought we already did...:D

MOF vs NMOF
PADI vs everyone else
DIR vs everyone else
Stab jackets vs BP/W
Need for pony vs Never use a pony
and so on....:D

Paul in VT

Actually Paul, it's MOF AND NMOF. No fight there...:D

I like talking about everything, whenever I feel like it. Who says anybody has to agree? But there are some really sensitive people around here so, I would say , no, not for this crowd, in general. I only get offended about slaughtering whales.

This place is a cult, has all the makings of one. thats why I cannot get out. Wish somebody would vacation me today because I need to pack. A cult folks, believe it.

Back
Top Bottom