Should stay longer at Galapagos besides liveaboard to do some land excursions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IRZL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi. We are going to Galapagos in May 2022 on Aggressor liveaboard and there are few land excursions already included while on a boat. I wonder if you recommend staying longer in Guayaquil (?) and spend time taking a few extra land trips. Thank you for your recommendations!

Stay in Galapagos and do land based topside tours. There are really only 2 excursions on Liveaboards: 1 visitor site and the Highlands for the tortoises.
Don't want to push my luck :) yet still wanted to ask if there are any particular ones you would recommend.

Don't want to push my luck :) yet still wanted to ask if there are any particular ones you would recommend.
Hi,
I’m no expert as have only been once, but we did a liveaboard with the aggressor and stayed 2 days either side of that. We went to the Darwin research centre which is really worth going to.
We also did 3 days of land based diving and it was incredible. Had a small school of hammerheads circling us at Gordon rocks for the majority of the dive. Also had a school of eagle rays pass a school of hammers at north Seymour. As well as a pass from an endless school of mobulas.
( I think that’s the site but it was years ago and I don’t have my logbook to hand)
Either way if you have any time to extend your trip I would definitely recommend it.

Definitely arrange as much extra time in the Galapagos as you can. We spent three weeks there (one week diving, one week on a naturalist boat, and one week on our own). One option is San Cristobal for/after then fly back. See this thread:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom