Should Shearwater add Air Integration to its computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been using an Oceanic Vt4 for 4 years and it hasnt let me down yet. At first I did start to get info drops, then realized this was due to not changing the transmitter batteries. Now when I go diving after being idle for over a month I change batteries and have never had a problem since. I will be buying a Perdix AI and be giving my Oceanic to my son.

I have been using an Oceanic Vt4 for 4 years and it hasnt let me down yet. At first I did start to get info drops, then realized this was due to not changing the transmitter batteries. Now when I go diving after being idle for over a month I change batteries and have never had a problem since. I will be buying a Perdix AI and be giving my Oceanic to my son.

That's weird. My Atom and transmitter will be 2 years old next month. My transmitter is still on its original battery, after approximately 120 dives and I've never had any trouble with it.

Do you have the transmitter on the same side of the tank (right or left) as you wear the computer? I have my transmitter on the right side of my 1st stage and when I forget to put my computer on my right wrist and wear it on my left wrist instead, I do sometimes get momentary dropouts.

Or, are you leaving your 1st stage on a tank, with the gas turned on for long periods? That would keep the transmitter turned on.

They are both located on the same side of the tank. No, I do not leave the transmitter on the tank with the gas turned on. The few times in the beginning that I did lose connection was only for a few seconds during the dive. I didnt even notice it until I uploaded my dives and saw the red marks on the dive profile graph that stated something like no data or connection lost. Since then changing batteries has solved everything. Perhaps the original batteries installed by the LDS or factory were old or bad. Either way a few bucks spent on batteries each year is no issue. I just bought a pack of them off of amazon and they have lasted me quite some time. Buying that $26 battery replacement kit from oceanic isn't going to happen.

I have used AI's for years and the only issues ever were a short (a minute maybe) link loss. I ask Shearwater a few years ago for this and they said never, tec guys would quit using them so I went with Liquivision and now...... let me count my hide away money...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom