Should I use underwater setting with video light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradMM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought the DC2000 with the strobe and video light but only took the video light with me on vacation. I'm just trying to figure this stuff out as I go. If the Facebook link below works, why is the grouper so red? The camera was set on the underwater setting which probably played a role...? It I take a pic on land with the underwater setting, it's very red. So, maybe that it.

Facebook

If I'm introducing full spectrum light, it makes sense that the underwater setting is no longer appropriate.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I have a Micro 2.0 and while the controls are vastly different than the DC2000, the modes are pretty much the same. Like the Micro 2.0, the DC2000 has different underwater modes - dive, snorkel, external flash, and external light (actually I think the Micro 2.0 just has dive, snorkel and external light).

Speculation on my part but, I'm guessing that you were probably in dive mode and should have been in external light mode.

Hope this helps.

Correct. Underwater mode adds a red to the image, so if you are providing artificial light, the underwater setting will add too much red.

Back
Top Bottom