should I use my old gauge or.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gmbaker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I currently have a two 2 gauge consoles both which have the SPG and temp/depth. no compass.

I just bought a suunto sk7 and vyper and was wonder if I should just buy a new SPG ( considering OMS) or should I just yank the spg out of one of the above setups?

if this helps one console is a USD aqua-lung and the other is a Cressi-Sub. both are in good condition.

any guidance or suggestions greatly appreciated.

not sure why they call it common sense, its not so common sometimes

my bad, I left out the fact that both the compass and the computer are wrist mount and that I am moving to a more streamlined approach.

Sydney_Diver once bubbled...
Hey if your new comp fits in the old gauge why bother buying a new one ? seems like common sense to me.

I am not sure of the markings or quailty of either of those units, as I have had no dealings with either of them. However, if they are not marked in 100psi increments, I would replace them whenever I could. That is simply a preference of mine though. If you are happy with them, then keep them.

I was given a great recommendation on this site a while back which worked well when I dove with it last night for the first time. I recently bought an air integrated wireless Uwatec Aladin Air Z Nitrox. I was debating on whether I should carry an extra guage or not and someone said that attaching the spg to a 24" hose and sticking it on your back DIR style was extremley efficient. I dove that last night and everything worked great. Didn't even notice the SPG at all and felt very safe that if something did go wrong with the computer that I would be ok.

Hope this helps, not sure if it's what you were looking for.

Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom