Should I try a rebreather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here’s the inescapable bottom line:

If you try a rebreather, will you die? Definitely.

If you do not try a rebreather, will you die?? Definitely.

That being said, my goal in life is to not be at the end of my life thinking “I wish I had...” So go for it, safely of course and then you’ll know for sure.

one-day-inspirational-quotes.jpg

Have fun trying rebreather :acclaim: I know I will next year :)

But the biggest down of the rebs is: after you try it.. you want one. And it's not like buying a new regulator. :)

Here’s the inescapable bottom line:

If you try a rebreather, will you die? Definitely.

If you do not try a rebreather, will you die?? Definitely.

That being said, my goal in life is to not be at the end of my life thinking “I wish I had...” So go for it, safely of course and then you’ll know for sure.
That's a pretty good goal you set yourself, I hope to do the same so I'll be sure to look into it. Hopefully I can find a safety course near me to check out!

Well I had no idea this thread would go in this direction whoops. I'm thankful for the help I got on the subject and I'll ask again when I apply for my advanced divers lisence, but wow this was a really mixed threat

Unfortunately thats the nature of the beast here on ScubaBoard. its important to remember that there are MANY divers who just go out, dive occasionally, have fun and thats It.

Here we have people who care enough about diving to go on a forum about it even when they aren't diving. Our users are passionate about the sport and have devoted more than the average amount of time learning and reading up about it. So have you, even just by posting this question.

Passionate people, wonderful people (except that guy, you know who you are!) and all very human. We get things wrong, we differ in opinion, we display all the good and bad attributes of humanity. Mostly though, we care for each other, even if it is in a weirdly dysfunctional way (you gonna die!!!!!!)

My advice, worth exactly what you paid for it? Read the answers, listen to the feelings behind the words and then make up your own mind. Talk to people, IRL and online, and if you need us we are here. BS attitudes, love and all.

Oh and if you DON'T try a rebreather you will die! Or something, I don't remember....

I may be biased, here is me today taking a guy on his first OW dive on his rebreather, I don't think he has stopped smiling yet....

Unknown.jpeg
Unknown-1.jpeg

Unfortunately thats the nature of the beast here on ScubaBoard. its important to remember that there are MANY divers who just go out, dive occasionally, have fun and thats It.

Here we have people who care enough about diving to go on a forum about it even when they aren't diving. Our users are passionate about the sport and have devoted more than the average amount of time learning and reading up about it. So have you, even just by posting this question.

Passionate people, wonderful people (except that guy, you know who you are!) and all very human. We get things wrong, we differ in opinion, we display all the good and bad attributes of humanity. Mostly though, we care for each other, even if it is in a weirdly dysfunctional way (you gonna die!!!!!!)

My advice, worth exactly what you paid for it? Read the answers, listen to the feelings behind the words and then make up your own mind. Talk to people, IRL and online, and if you need us we are here. BS attitudes, love and all.

Oh and if you DON'T try a rebreather you will die! Or something, I don't remember....

I may be biased, here is me today taking a guy on his first OW dive on his rebreather, I don't think he has stopped smiling yet....

View attachment 489049 View attachment 489050
Yeah, I get the whole differing opinions thing, and I'm taking all advice given greatfully, as well as yours! These people are usually much more experienced than me so I get the concern, since I'm still pretty young and inexperienced (I live in Richmond so we don't have a lot of spots to dive around here, sadly). I'm still equally passionate and will be sure to ask around whenever I have the chance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom