Should I switch from Sealife to GoPro??? Need advice and opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyUT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,
I have been using a Sealife DC1000 for a few years now and can get decent pics off it. There are some shortcomings and I am considering a GOPRO as a replacement for stills and vids. Is this even an option? You can shoot stills with a gopro right? Is this too far off in the apples and oranges comparison range? My one concern is editing a trip worth of pics takes hours and I worry it will get worse with video and increased pic volume using the gopro. But the gopro would be much smaller and lighter.

Any thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

I like the pics I get from my GoPro Hero 3+ as well as the videos. The smallness of the camera is also a plus.

If you shoot a lot of stills compared to video, I wouldn't go for the GoPro... It's best for video, and you will never be able to use a strobe.
I would add a strobe to the DC1000. I think that would improve your photos significantly.
You can also consider the new Sealife Micro HD, which is a very cool camera: Sealife SL500 Micro HD Underwater Digital Camera

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom