Should I split 6 nights in Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would highly recommend PB. OK is a beautiful property , but it is nearer the ferries than Absolute Scuba. Also there is a bar nearby that apparently plays music till lateish some evenings and the rooms look as if they are very bright. I have stayed in the bungalows in Absolute Scuba on several occasions and they are very quiet and are darker than the rooms at OK. I also spent some time in LDR which is a beautiful place !

What/where is LDR please?

Personally I like staying at Puri Rai in Padang Bai, they have 3 pools and the rooms around are far away from the road, in a quiet environment.
Never been bothered with ferry horns, though much more by nightly earthquakes last august that woke us up and made us rush out from the room.

We are currently on Bali after a week around Komodo and already did two days in Tulamben (stayed at Toyabali which is incredible - I already long to go back - and dove with Liberty which was great as well) and now 3-4 days out of Candidasa (Sea Breeze) starting diving with Geko tomorrow to dive out of PB. We loved Tulamben topside and so far are disappointed with Sea Breeze. The food/drink at LDR was very good and not expensive for a resort. The LDR property is also quite beautiful and peaceful. If we hadn’t had to pay ahead with no refund option for Sea Breeze, I would cancel and head back to Tulamben for the rest of the week. I don’t think they put us in the room I booked and there are a lot of kids staying here right now so the pools are very loud. Maybe the diving tomorrow will brighten me up but after a week around Komodo, the easy diving in Tulamben was quite enjoyable and I’m not ready to jump back into the current just yet!

We are currently on Bali after a week around Komodo and already did two days in Tulamben (stayed at Toyabali which is incredible - I already long to go back - and dove with Liberty which was great as well) and now 3-4 days out of Candidasa (Sea Breeze) starting diving with Geko tomorrow to dive out of PB. We loved Tulamben topside and so far are disappointed with Sea Breeze. The food/drink at LDR was very good and not expensive for a resort. The LDR property is also quite beautiful and peaceful. If we hadn’t had to pay ahead with no refund option for Sea Breeze, I would cancel and head back to Tulamben for the rest of the week. I don’t think they put us in the room I booked and there are a lot of kids staying here right now so the pools are very loud. Maybe the diving tomorrow will brighten me up but after a week around Komodo, the easy diving in Tulamben was quite enjoyable and I’m not ready to jump back into the current just yet!

WOW, I am really surprised and sorry to hear that. Can you approach the manager there, maybe try to find the owner / people that run it, and ask for something that will improve your experience? It's a family-owned business I think.

We were there two or three times and our experience were always very good.

- Bill

The resort is full so I don’t think there’s much they could do to make the stay more enjoyable. My main issue is that our room smells terribly and aggressively like mold (curtains, towels, even the tissues) and is making my eyes/throat burn because I have an allergy to mold. Since we have a 7:30 pickup for diving we can’t get any breakfast, either, because the kitchen doesn’t open until 7:30. Our dinner was really terrible and very expensive (150k for 4 small beef satay skewers of very tough meat with no flavor with no side for my husband; everywhere else this has been 40k and much better quality and we didn’t know the price because it wasn’t on the menu, he asked if they had it because he saw chicken and pork satay which were both around 50k). I ordered two different cocktails yesterday and neither had any flavor. We can go into town to eat the rest of the time but disappointing that we can’t be lazy if we’d like and eat/drink around the resort.

The resort is full so I don’t think there’s much they could do to make the stay more enjoyable. My main issue is that our room smells terribly and aggressively like mold (curtains, towels, even the tissues) and is making my eyes/throat burn because I have an allergy to mold. Since we have a 7:30 pickup for diving we can’t get any breakfast, either, because the kitchen doesn’t open until 7:30. Our dinner was really terrible and very expensive (150k for 4 small beef satay skewers of very tough meat with no flavor with no side for my husband; everywhere else this has been 40k and much better quality and we didn’t know the price because it wasn’t on the menu, he asked if they had it because he saw chicken and pork satay which were both around 50k). I ordered two different cocktails yesterday and neither had any flavor. We can go into town to eat the rest of the time but disappointing that we can’t be lazy if we’d like and eat/drink around the resort.
Do you have a refrigerator in the room? If so, see if you can get them to boil up some eggs for you. Put the hardboiled eggs and some fruit in there for your brekkie before diving.

I'm not sure if your room's ac has controls but if it does, there may be a "dry" function. If so, make sure that is selected. That should help with the dampness in your room.

They’re going to have breakfast for us at 7 tomorrow with an order the night before, which is very kind. I’ll try to figure out if there’s a dry function. I was being a tired brat yesterday and Sea Breeze is a very nice resort, I just really fell in love with Toyabali.

We didn’t get to dive with Geko today due to my own equipment malfunction and my husband not feeling well so I will post after tomorrow and Wednesday about the diving compared to Tulamben! We are scheduled for Tepekong and Manta Point, ocean permitting. OK Divers is right next to Geko and I can see how staying in that area would be quite loud.

Personally I like staying at Puri Rai in Padang Bai, they have 3 pools and the rooms around are far away from the road, in a quiet environment.
Never been bothered with ferry horns, though much more by nightly earthquakes last august that woke us up and made us rush out from the room.

Puri Rai is closer to the ferry than Absolute. Perhaps the rooms are better insulated or the angle of the resort buffers some of the horn noise. No doubt you are also a much heavier sleeper than am I because almost everyone in the world is. :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom