Should I sign up for a second week on MY Amba in Maldives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Down2bizDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My Danish dive buddies have persuaded me to join them diving Maldives northern atolls on the yacht Amba (a German operation). Boat - Das Tauchschiff Amba zeigt ihnen die Sch

Given the agony and expense of traveling such a great distance from the middle of America, I'm going to stay in Maldives for a second week.

I'm trying to decide if I should stay on Amba for that second week. It would be easier to decide if I had more information about Amba, but I find almost nothing about it here and what I find elsewhere seems to be from 6 or more years ago. If I could read German perhaps I could find more information online, but sadly I do not.

Anybody here have recent experience on this yacht?

One of my concerns is the relatively lower price of Amba compared to, say, Carpe Vita or Aggressor (I've done both) a difference of nearly $1,000 per week. Of course, the more expensive offerings may include a few daily glasses of wine or beer and make 4 or 5 dives per day instead of 3 or 4, and have slightly larger cabins, but Amba has air conditioned cabins with en suite bath and three dives a day is enough for me (average 150+ dives annually), I don't feel compelled to cram in as many dives as possible and ... I can buy a lot of drinks at the cash bar for $1k!

Guidance, please!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom