Should I replace rubber hose with the same exact size Miflex hoses on reg, octo & BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've gotten Miflex when they just came out.

1) They rock for short lenght, truly nice.
2) THEY FRICKIN SUCK for long hose...seriously, instead of a hose you've got a live snake in your hands.

There, I'm a 50% hater.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
Before you invest in any new hoses, set up your gear and if possible work with your buddy in a pool. With your equipment on have your buddy take measurement then purchase the correct lengths you'll need. Just replacing a 30inch hose with another 30inch hose doesn't mean you'll have the correct length. Re the bc inflator hose, IMHO the best method of connecting an inflator or inflator/regulator to your first stage is with a standard second stage (or Miflex or Phantom) hose coupled with a screw on adapter. There are a few advantages doing it this way. For one thing l/p second stage hoses come in a large variety of lengths making routing much simpler. Additionally, if the hose becomes defective one only needs to change it out and use the same QD fitting.

Back
Top Bottom