Should I not use my new gear in upcoming Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diehl:
Thanks alot guys :wink: I am using the Aqualung Titan LX and my computer is the Gekko with console. What is the best way to clean these items? Is there something better then just rinsing them?
Diehl,

Just a bit of unsolicited advice... :D

Breath in, hold it..., breath out,

Its gonna be fine. Calm down! You bought decent stuff, your BC is a good one, and they're gonna cover all this stuff during your class. Your gear will survive the pool. Just find someplace to rinse it real well and hang it up afterwards where it won't drip all over stuff.

While waiting, try reading the text book. Make a list of questions you want to ensure get covered with your instructor.

And switch to decaf... :)

Its all good.

Doc Intrepid:
Diehl,

Just a bit of unsolicited advice... :D

Its gonna be fine. Calm down! You bought decent stuff, your BC is a good one, and they're gonna cover all this stuff during your class. Your gear will survive the pool. Just find someplace to rinse it real well and hang it up afterwards where it won't drip all over stuff.

While waiting, try reading the text book. Make a list of questions you want to ensure get covered with your instructor.

And switch to decaf... :)

Its all good.

Yeah, what he said!! And on the breathing thing, Doc meant that for now to calm down, NOT while diving--don't hold your breath while on SCUBA. AND, your instructor will cover this throroughly as well as any other concerns you currently have. Take your class, and enjoy it, and THEN deluge us with questions if they have not been adequately answered.

Easiest way to rinse gear after a pool session is to just wear it right into the shower if the facility allows this. If not, throw it all in a mesh bag and hold that under the shower for a couple minutes.

Now, repeat after me, "It's gonna be OK, it's gonna be fun!"

theskull

Wear your own gear in the pool it is the best way to establish proper weighting for your new gear also you will become more comfortable with the gear.

Back
Top Bottom