Should I get PADI Dive Master?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What was the title of the case (plaintiff v. defendant) and the jurisdiction (state)? I would like to research/read up on it.

-Z
New York, long time ago maybe 33 years ago

Surely you’ve attended at least one DEMA convention and know the answer to that.

Well, then, is there anything written?

@wetb4igetinthewater
Well, share the case with the rest of us. Don’t know the details, who was the presenter? I am sure whomever did the presentation would be happy to share the details. Have the event program - send it along and I am sure someone will do the legwork.

@boulderjohn
Good goin buddy, you are on the right track. It seems you now have ‘religion” and are asking for details - good for you.

Just like many SCUBA sea tales - reverse profiles, half-turn on the valve - hold out for specifics and source material. While you are at it - how about the backup case references for your very own ‘sea-tales’ ?

BTW - I was in Boulder today and ran into a few of your ol’ dive shop buddies - they had a few ‘bar-stool-tales’ about you.

@wetb4igetinthewater

Is this the presentation?

Risk Management 2018: Protect Your Divers and Yourself
Wednesday, 14 November – 10:00-11:00 am (Room N253)
Thursday, 15 November – 11:00 am–12:00 pm (Room N253)
Friday, 16, November – 2:00-3:00 pm (Room N253)

Are you prepared in your ongoing efforts to avoid dive accidents? Determine how prepared you are through an analysis of real dive incidents and learn how conservative decisions provide better protection. You’ll also learn how to better manage risk in diver education programs and throughout your dive business.

2018 DEMA program?

The expansive DEMA Show program has it all!

404 error​

@wetb4igetinthewater

Is this the presentation?

Risk Management 2018: Protect Your Divers and Yourself
Wednesday, 14 November – 10:00-11:00 am (Room N253)
Thursday, 15 November – 11:00 am–12:00 pm (Room N253)
Friday, 16, November – 2:00-3:00 pm (Room N253)

Are you prepared in your ongoing efforts to avoid dive accidents? Determine how prepared you are through an analysis of real dive incidents and learn how conservative decisions provide better protection. You’ll also learn how to better manage risk in diver education programs and throughout your dive business.

2018 DEMA program?

The expansive DEMA Show program has it all!

404 error​
It was 2017 in Orlando.

2017 DEMA app lists following speakres

Georganne Bender
Ken Countess
Shelli Hendricks
Thomas Hudgin
Steve Huskey
Tom Ingram
Rich Kizer
Richie Kohler
Anne Obarski