Should I dive in Nusa Penida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Echoing everyone else--make sure you go with a reputable operation. I stay on Nusa Lembongan and I've done tons of dives at Crystal Bay, Manta Point and Manta Bay. The operation I use won't go out if the conditions are rough. They also have max 4 divers per guide and usually fewer. I hear that some of the Bali operations that go to Nusa Penida are iffy, but I don't know.

Molas are not a sure thing; mantas generally are. I've seen two molas in probably 60 days of diving from Nusa Lembongan and both were off the north coast not Crystal Bay and were on my last trip.

Nusa Penida is generally suitable for both beginner divers as well as Discover Scuba Diving and snorkelling. Of course, it all depends on the guides, structure of the group, overall safety protocols.

Just dropping a message here, if you would like to go into planning, we can setup a dive design privately :)

Okay. I just came back from my vacation in Bali. Did two dive days in Nusa Pendia (6 dives total) and it was amazing. Manta Point/ Manta bay/ Crystal bay/PED point/ SD point & Toyopakeh. Saw lots of manta, no Mola-mola (didn't have much hope about them anyway), the drift dives was amazing and the currents were at a very comfortable level. Did the dives with Neptune Scuba Diving, which is the best dive shop I've dived with so far. They are a very modern, safety concerned and very much customer oriented dive shop. If I go to Bali again, that is where I would go. My dive guide GEDE was a great guy! Just wanted to give an update to everybody who gave their input in this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom