Question Should I buy a 10000 lumens light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

salmonidae

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I’m thinking about using it in the cenotes, my light was so weak, and the videos came out like crap.

But it weighs ~670g (including batteries)

My concern is, is it too heavy that it will affect badly my buoyancy and makes my body tilt towards the front? (I’m a relatively new diver)

Situation:
- Since I don’t have the camera gear thing, I’ll grab it with my hand.
- I have a 2000 lumen light (not video light tho)

you could consider a canister light. that way the battery is on your waist and you're only gripping the head in your hand.

they aren't cheap, though. and you probably can't use if for anything else because they typically overheat and blow up if not cooled by water.

Ok, I made up the part about blowing up.

you could consider a canister light. that way the battery is on your waist and you're only gripping the head in your hand.

they aren't cheap, though. and you probably can't use if for anything else because they typically overheat and blow up if not cooled by water.

Ok, I made up the part about blowing up.
omg that sounds scary :oops: be careful. I'll pass for now...

The DGX 600 video light is a nice lightweight light for taking videos if you’re looking for a reliable light on a budget.
Thanks for the recommendation! But I already bought a 2000 lumen light with 3 hrs battery life, so I'll probably buy a higher lumen light if buying a video light

Not a scuba cop, but what's your level of cert and how many dives have you done? If your concerned a 1 pound light is going to cause you to go feet up maybe it's too soon to be shooting video in caves?

Not a scuba cop, but what's your level of cert and how many dives have you done? If your concerned a 1 pound light is going to cause you to go feet up maybe it's too soon to be shooting video in caves?
Aow with 15 dives😂 Well I wasn’t concerned about it at first, but a photographer reminded me about this issue that might exist with those light. Is it really heavy?

Maybe too soon. But it’s just simple shooting videos with GoPro, not those heavy cameras; I don’t think it’s really an issue. As I film, I do pay attention to improve my skills as well needed for having a stable frame. And I’m not always filming.

Last time I went to dos Ojos Pit Angelita Dreamgate casa carwash and everything went well. Didn’t kill any stalactites or stalagmites… tried to avoid kicking the particles up

Can you not use floats to balance the rig ( photography setup use float arms etc)?

Back
Top Bottom