• Children should not dive

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • Feel strongly both ways

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Only if parents are experienced divers

Votes: 25 30.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will have to try it. The board I use you can hardly read and it doesn't erase with sand like it says it will. Magna doodle erases so easy. This will be great. Thanks again! :)

It would be great if the parents could make an educated decision on whether or not the child was ready for a scuba class.
I'm afraid, tho, that the instructors are the one's that will have to make that call. Where the parents sign their kid up and say "teach them", they not always have made a good judgement call that their child is ready and capable. I just wonder if I want to take on all that decision making responsibility and then have the parents complain when I kick them out.:) [/B][/QUOTE]

From my experiences with parents. Their little darling is probably the only one that is ready at that age. At my LDS we will not even consider anyone under the age of 12 and from 12 -14 only if the parent is a diver or is taking the class with the child, and we tell the parent right up front, it is up to the instructor. If he feels that your child is not quite ready then we will back them 100%. Yes we have lost business because of that but at least we have a clear conscience. After seeing a couple of incidents with children divers, both trained by us and not, I am extremely careful with passing a child. BTW.. we have asked some of the 30 year old "kids" to either grow up or stop by next week and get refund. Fortunately, our shop owner backs us 100%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom