Shorten a Ranger LTD Shoulder-Strap assembly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SanFranDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm considering purchasing a Zeagle Ranger LTD (2008 closeout) online. Only problem is: all they have are XLs. I fit better in an XL vest with an X shoulder assembly.

Can an XL shoulder-strap assembly be shortened (i.e., put in new grommets, or...?) so that the D-rings would be higher-up on my chest?

No, there is no way to shorten an already exsisting item. Sorry!

The reason these are being sold as "closeouts" is that we aren't making them any longer, so if you need something custom sized, you are probably going to have to look at a model that we are still producing!

Scott

Scott:

Can I purchase an X size shoulder-strap assembly somewhere if I find that the XL is too big?

On the 2008 Ranger LTD, the shoulder is exactly the same as on a "standard" Ranger - only the hose holder patch that says "Ranger LTD" is different.

The part you would want is a standard Ranger shoulder section in "size ___"

The Zeagle part # is 7968C.

MSRP for the shoulder section is $71.60.

Any Zeagle dealer could order you one. I'm not sure about your LDS location, but I know that with a few clicks of your mouse button you can probably come up with a phone number!!

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom