Short cool video of some big sand tigers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's that device you're using at 0:13?

It's the remote control for the animatronic sharks, of course!

Very cool video. Those guys sure don't seem perturbed about the approach of divers.

It's the remote control for the animatronic sharks, of course!

Very cool video. Those guys sure don't seem perturbed about the approach of divers.

For whatever reason the sand tigers here either totally ignore divers or will at times fall in with you and "school' together with you .....it's a little unnerving the first time a big ST turns and gets within a couple of feet of you to join your school. I have had that happen a couple of times... both on the Hyde come to think about it. The look on my buddies face when I had him look to see our new buddy team member was priceless....the shark was maybe 3 feet to his side and 2 ft back, he could have easily petted it on the nose, not that I would recommend it....it swam with us for a ways then went on it's way. NC is the only place I am aware of that large sharks swim with divers where no feeding or other behavior modifying stimulus is done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom