Shore Diving / Where to Stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All of these sites are great and many others too! Will you be doing all shore diving? We can recommend some great spots based on the type of diving you like!

---------- Post added January 15th, 2013 at 10:57 PM ----------

The dive sites at Westpunt and other dive sites on the western end of the island are magnificent but quite a drive a way from Santa Barbara beach. Probably worth the drive though because that resort is absolutely fabulous! What's an extra few minutes each way when "home base" is that phenomenal!!?? :)

If you decide to stay there and also want to dive at some of the extremely remarkable and pristine sites on the west side please let me know and I can get you set up!

We finally made our decisions and got booked. We are going to be in the Den Laman condos for a week in Bonaire and then head up to Curacao for a week in the Lodge Kula Hulanda. Diving is taking care of in Bonaire, will be all shore diving, may take a boat ride over to Klein Bonaire one day. Still undecided about diving in Curacao. I know we want to take the boat over to Watamula once, the rest will probably be shore diving at a different beach each day. Totally pumped and excited as we have never been to either island.

The Kura Hulanda on the west side of the island has excellent shore diving within easy driving distances! (I'm biased and love the diving on the west side of the island :blinking: ) !!

Our shop dives all over that part of the island and we can answer a lot of questions about dive spots and how to get to them. There are shore dives from great beaches that have wonderful facilities including restaurants on the beach and there are many secluded spots (with little or no facilities) that have pristine reefs and varied coral formations.

I believe you'll love diving in Curacao whether you stay on the east side or the west and I hope you have an amazing trip!

- Kevin
Bas Harts Diving Curacao. The best private and customized shore dive trips and courses.
email info@BasHartsDiving.com

Back
Top Bottom