Shore diving Vero Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dnaber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So my buddies and I are tired of diving the local springs around north Florida, Vero Beach is within a couple hours of driving so it makes it doable. Question is.... is it worth it? And if so where would you recommend? Thanks

well...yes and no. As it happens i'm the founder of the Vero Beach Scuba Club.
Vero has several shallow reef lines (20 feet max) with a wealth of life. sharks, turtles, tropicals, even a wreck and more. It's fun and (usually) easy diving.
HOWEVER....
it is very weather dependent. We need a calm day with west winds to bring in viz. Otherwise 3 feet of viz can be generous. At the moment we have a pretty heavy surf and viz is less than a foot. an hour or so south is Blue Heron Bridge (google it...amazing diving). And in Stuart and Jupiter there are some great dive boats.

feel free to ping me with any question

Dnabar I have been driving south from ocala to dive vero most of the summer that is till a few weeks ago and as sheeper has said a foot is good. But I have spent the last two weeks I have been doing venice and viz has been good and waters calm.

Hey Sheeper, I am coming down from Wilmington on Sunday to shore dive in the Vero Beach area. I will work my way down to my sister's in Dania beach. I am going to dive the jax. I have dove it before and love it! While in the Vero Beach area I am going to be testing a piece of dive equipment I designed (it is called a Nearshore Dive Vehicle; look it up if you are interested). My wife and I also have an interest in possibly moving to Vero Beach one day, so I also want to check out the town. I was wondering if you or someone you know might be interested in diving with me on Monday or Tuesday. I will be freediving, although I am bringing my BCD and reg as well. Does your dive club have a website or FB page? thanks! Jesse

Hi Jesse. you have terrible timing. We've had a couple of weeks of heavy surf and strong winds in the Vero area. That brings strong surge and zero viz. I've been itching to get out as there are some big lobsters waiting out there. Monday is showing 4-6 foot surf with tuesday calming down to 4 foot surf. So it may be a little tough to get out!

though i'd be very interested in hearing about your nearshore vehicle.

reach out to me with a PM when you are here. i'm around monday and tuesday. i'm happy to talk about Vero Beach too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom