Shore diving locations near/within NYC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I know there's the popular dive site near Beach 8th Street in the Rockaways, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of, or has any experience diving, other shore diving sites around NYC, especially within the 5 boroughs. I read some tales of diving near Ft. Totten, Queens in the 90's and recovering old military artifacts, but does anybody still dive there? With so much water surrounding the city, I gotta believe there's some cool, little known dive sites scattered about that don't require a full day or a boat ride out into the Atlantic. Sometimes I just have a half day or a couple hours and I would love to be able to get in a dive without having to drive out to Dutch Springs.

For anybody with experience, any special considerations I need to keep in mind besides low visibility and heavy boat traffic?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom