Shore Diving in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turtle Reef at Dive Tech in West Bay, and Babylon on North Side.

richhagelin, are you on a cruise ship tendering into George Town?

If yes you'll find 6 scuba shops within a stone's throw from the tender. I've dove with Eden's Rock - really great group. Each of these shops have stair wells that lead down immediately into the water! The tender is on the South Shore.

To get to the suggestions from Cave Diver you'll need to get transportation.

I agree completely with CWB. I've been diving Cayman for ten years and just returned from a two week stay. The Cobalt Coast dive taxi (zodiac) is a must or you will have a 20-25 minute swim out to the main wall. My wife saw a huge scorpionfish about ten feet from the pier ladder in 4 feet of water.
At the Turtle Farm you can go either right or left and have a nice mini-wall dive. Lots of fish life due to the effluent of the farm operations.

Turtle Reef. I have not dove off Cobalt Coast, but I would think the diving would be just as good as Turtle Reef.

Back
Top Bottom