Shore Diving Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

topher

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know of any decent shore diving near the occidental grand (w/ DM)?
Haven't done any since certification.
thanks

I don't get it, why go to Coz if you are going to shore dive???

ShakaZulu:
I don't get it, why go to Coz if you are going to shore dive???

let me attempt to translate that reply into less rude language:

so you are saying that because of the excellent drift diving, shore diving is generally not favored.

topher:
Anyone know of any decent shore diving near the occidental grand (w/ DM)?
Haven't done any since certification.
thanks

In front of OG is sand, grass, 10 to 20 feet max, crystal clear water with enough pretty life to keep it interesting. Probably better than anything you find around Denver. If you want to pay for it, I'm sure Dive Palancar will put you with a DM and get you wet. They also do single tank shallow dives that you may enjoy without exceeding your comfort level if you are not adverse to a short boat ride.

Shaka probably didn't mean to come across like that. But she can be such a B%$%##H at times.

awap:
In front of OG is sand, grass, 10 to 20 feet max, crystal clear water with enough pretty life to keep it interesting. Probably better than anything you find around Denver. If you want to pay for it, I'm sure Dive Palancar will put you with a DM and get you wet. They also do single tank shallow dives that you may enjoy without exceeding your comfort level if you are not adverse to a short boat ride.

Oh, we'll definitely do some real diving. But sounds like we'll just snorkel in front of the OG. I was just wondering about 'good' shore diving; like in places like Bonaire. I guess that coz is lacking .

i guess i need to change my profile since i haven't logged in a while. i live in virginia now. Yes. diving in colorado is certainly not spectacular

topher:
Oh, we'll definitely do some real diving. But sounds like we'll just snorkel in front of the OG. I was just wondering about 'good' shore diving; like in places like Bonaire. I guess that coz is lacking .

The Grand is a spectacular facility but shore diving along the souther resort beaches is rather poor. The northern resorts are on iron shore and have somewhat better shore diving but still nothing compared to the boat dives.

I found snook and guitar fish while snorkeling by the Grand.

topher:

While it is certainly true that the boat dives around Cozumel are far superior to anything you'll be able to get to from shore, there are just as certainly some places worth diving from shore between boat dives. For example:

The airplane wreckage out in front of La Ceiba (El Cid?)

The close in section of Villablanca Reef between Villablanca Hotel and Caribe Blu

Both of the above at night

The cave system entrance and reef in Chankanaab Park

You can even do a fairly decent wall dive from shore at Villablanca if you are ambitious and reasonably experienced.

Cheers,

topher:
let me attempt to translate that reply into less rude language:

so you are saying that because of the excellent drift diving, shore diving is generally not favored.

Yes, that's what I trying to say, not to mention the Cenotes diving..........

topher & all...do not miss the shore diving in front of Caribe Blu...it runs down to around Papa Hogs area (Villa Blanca hotel). Fabulous for creatures and none too shabby for fans and neat, if smaller, formations.

Just put my two cents in here...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom