Shore diving and staying in Vancouver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kcbar4

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Our family is looking to go diving in the Vancouver area over Easter break. Where can a family stay and be able to hang gear to dry with out making the hotel personal mad? We were in Vancouver over Christmas and tried to dry gear out in the back of the truck (with canopy), which was not good. We are a family of four divers and was wondering if anyplaces in Vancouver are open to divers. I wish to stay away from dive charters as the cost of a two tank dive for the day will be over $400 per day for the family. We will be driving out and just want our girls to see there is more to diving then 20 feet of vis and more then a sand bottom.

You might want to check out b&b's and tell them about the gear thing. If you stay anywhere in the Vancouver area there are lots of great shore dives. Porteau cove, Kelvin Grove, Whytecliff park, are some good local dive sites. It may be a challenge with the olympics getting to them depending when you are coming. Keep an eye on the board as a bunch of us usually post dives and you could meet up with us.

Some of the hotels I have stayed at in Victoria have had a storage room for putting our dive gear in when we have done overnighters. I don't know about here but I would ask when making the reservation.

I don't know if they have dive shops like this in Vancouver, but here in Victoria, Ogden Point Dive Center has a rinse area and lockers for dive gear. If they have one like this in Vancouver, you could rinse and leave your gear at the shop overnight.

I don't think any of our shops have that options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom