Shore dives from Cooper Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gwitek

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to Cooper Island in May for a much needed de-pressurizing 7 days. We're both really into the pace and mood of shore dives. Any suggestions? Air rental sources? Local small boat rentals for sites a little to far to swim?

TIA
Greg

gwitek:
My wife and I are going to Cooper Island in May for a much needed de-pressurizing 7 days. We're both really into the pace and mood of shore dives. Any suggestions? Air rental sources? Local small boat rentals for sites a little to far to swim?

TIA
Greg

There is a dive site called Cistern Point which is right off the beach that a good snorkel/dive site. Even better, Cooper is served by a dive shop (Sail Caribbean) and they have boats leaving two or three times a day. Some of the dive sites are like 10 minutes from that location...

gwitek

When r u going to Cooper? My d-buddy and I are planning to arrive on there on May 27th. We will be renting a boat and tanks, heading out on our own in addition using the local dive-op. Let me know if you are interested in joining us for a few tanks?

Not a lot of shore diving there at Cooper. For that matter, not too much in the BVI's in general. There is an outfit called UBS Divers that has 3 relatively small boats. A guy named Tony runs it out of Tortola. His number is 284-494-0024. The rates are the same as a two tank dive on the head boats, but it's your boat for the day....
Sail Caribbean is a great outfit, but be prepared to get to know the Rhone. I'd find out their schedule just before I came down, and fill in the blanks with UBS.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom