Shore Dive in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rwb:
Is there any shore diving in coz. Will be staying at eh the Park Royal.

Paradise shallows just south of cruise pier and Park Royal.
enter through Marina stay to the right several places to park and enter. we would park the jeep down current(hoping it wouldnt change direction) make a good 50 to 60 minutes.
also south of (free) Chankannab there are some moorings the snorkel charters use makes a good shore dive also
park on rock beach and some old foundation concrete makes for easy entry.
make sure you do a night dive at any of the hotels in your area.
the currents in your area are prime for switching direction.
have fun

Airplane flats off La Ceiba accross the street from Park Royal is a nice shore dive, and the closest. i've also heard that there is a good shore dive off the El Presidente beach as it is close to Paradise reef and a guy on the board had some really good pics he took off of Scuba Club beach but i don't know what access to it would be like. Chankanab Park has nice diving also and is a nice place to spend the day.
the more time i spend down there the more i've noticed that there is probably shore diving just about anywhere along the beachfront, as you can see some reef all along the road. just make sure your good with your compass and don't have to surface once your out past any roped off swim areas as the boat traffic is heavy.
but to get the real deal out of Cozumel you have to get on a boat and go to the reef,
believe me you won't be disappointed!!!!!!!! I've been diving for 22 years and still get an incredible rush every time I'm diving down there.

Back
Top Bottom