Shoes for drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oregondiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have neoprene booties on my Bare suit and use a neoprene kayaking shoes (no support, just functional, and my husband wasn't using them kayaking so I "borrowed" them).

But we just replaced my husbands boots on his Mares suit and he needs shoes to go over the neoprene socks. I don't want him to get a larger pair of the kayaking booties since they have no support and aren't that comfortable/easy to put on.

Recommendations for diving shoes?

I know some folks swear by chuck taylors (which are an option). Bare/Whites have boots but they seem...so...industrial? So, what do you use, do you like them, and if you could replace what you use...what would you get?

Thanks!
Shell

Hi Shell,

A lot of people wit wear a wetsuit boot (typically 1 -3 sizes larger depending on insulation) instead of a rock boot, or trek boot style. They are typically lighter, less expensive. They are more flexible too which allows you ankles to rotate easier if you enjoy doing the frog kick etc..

Good luck and let us know what you decided to do:)

Team OceanEdge Outfitters

I love my Chuck Taylors. Work great in the water and really nice for walking out onto shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom