Shoe goo in place of aquaseal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need to glue a pocket onto a wetsuit. Seems like aquaseal is kinda sparce locally right now so I'm thinking would shoegoo work?

Has anyone tried it?

Do you have an REI near?

I used this
0B34080D-32D4-4F59-8BFD-3D3150DAF2FD.jpeg

I glued a salvaged pocket onto my neoprene drysuit, it’s been several months and dives, holding up great. I bought it at Lowe’s

Many great ideas here

If you want to go down a bit of a rabbit hole, here's a comparison of different glues:

Executive summary, Shoe Goo and E6000 fared well (I think they are very similar formulas). Gorilla Glue not so much.

But for gluing a large surface area like a pocket with a relatively light load, I'm sure all will do the job fine.

I prefer Shoe Goo and E6000 in place of Aquaseal but since it can not be accelerated you need to leave it longer to cure. Another advantage is that it does not start to harden up in the tube the minute you break the seal. E6000 and all the goo's and goop's seem to be made by the same company with a similar formulation base modified for different applications..

There's a chart out there that shows all the differences between the 'goop' types. IIRC the main difference was some had UV protection and some didn't. They're all pretty similar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom