shockline for JBL Carbine???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

svbravo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been living on our boat in Mexico, and spearfishing in the Sea of Cortez for the past year. (primarily smaller grouper) I'm fairly new to spearfishing, and have a question re: shocklines. I'm using an inexpensive gun, a JBL Carbine. The shockline doesn't seem to have any way of securing it while hunting, when compared to friends more expensive guns. the cord just seems to float around loose, making it easy to tangle and get caught in coral, fingers, etc. Am I missing something with the JBL gun that I have, or is there an aftermarket "line management" accessory that would work with this gun??? Or am I just stuck with this design flaw until I get a more upscale gun?? thanks for any advice,

Adam
s/v Bravo

The JBL has a little notch between the bottom of the tube and the grip that you can tuck the shockline into. There is no mechanical release as the line is just held in by friction between the plastic grip and the tube. It's frustrating if you ever change the line to anything larger than the diameter that was supplied from the factory, so keep that in mind if you ever re-string it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom