Shipping tanks to Hawai'i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

L_A_S

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I intend to move to O'ahu (from NC) next summer and have some questions about getting my 2 steel 100s there.
I'm looking for the best approach, i.e. is USPS or UPS or Fedex cheapest, what cost should I expect, how do I pack them (I know to depressurize and remove valve, but should I box them up?), any other things I need to consider?

Thanks!

If the cylinders without valves are under 70lbs I would send both using USPS Parcel cost. I did this with a couple of cylinders. Cost me $30 or so. But that was CONUS.

I'm not sure about officially how you should prepare the tanks, but you will find that USPS is much cheaper than UPS or FedEx for any shipping to Hawaii. Parcel post takes ~2-3 weeks, usually, while Priority gets here in the standard 2-3 days.

I'd make sure to seal the neck opening with tape or something to prevent dust/etc from getting in.

I intend to move to O'ahu (from NC) next summer and have some questions about getting my 2 steel 100s there.

Do you own anything else?

:eyebrow:

How are you getting THAT stuff to Hawaii?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom