Sherwood The Source comp okay today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlyStrat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Early '90's The Source.
Still an okay computer today?
Thanks.

If all you need is depth, time, and basic NDL info, AND the computer still accurately does all that, then it will technically serves its basic function. I'm not sure how much I'd trust that depth sensor though.

doesn't support nitrox. runs an older dsat implementation that would be considered aggressive by some nowadays. doesn't count down safety stops. some of the early revisions didn't have an easy way to change the battery.

otherwise if the pressure sensor, button, and display still work, it is still usable as an air only dive computer.

doesn't support nitrox. runs an older dsat implementation that would be considered aggressive by some nowadays. doesn't count down safety stops. some of the early revisions didn't have an easy way to change the battery.

otherwise if the pressure sensor, button, and display still work, it is still usable as an air only dive computer.
As far as I know, there is only one implementation of DSAT in the late 80s. I don't think the deco algorithm is a problem, nor is the PADI RDP

As far as I know, there is only one implementation of DSAT in the late 80s. I don't think the deco algorithm is a problem, nor is the PADI RDP

the pelagic dsat in the dual algorithm oceanics is slightly more conservative than the padi rdp table (17min @ 100ft vs 20min @ 100ft). the older computers have an implementation of DSAT that is the same as the PADI rdp iirc.

Back
Top Bottom