Sherwood SR1 regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whodunit68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is a beautifully breathing regulator. It is just back from Sherwood and they've got it working in tip-top shape. It has not been used since I've received it back. Sherwood says this reg was a "SCUBA DIVING MAGAZINE - TOP PICK FOR 2008." More info on Welcome to Sherwood Scuba!. Even now, the discounted price for a NEW one is $610. This regulator is about 7 months young and I'm parting with it for $375. The Sherwood standard octopus goes for about $128 new and I'll include it for $50 more (that's 61% off the new price). You pay the shipping of about $12 to the United States and I'll cover paypal, insurance, and delivery confirmation.
Anywhere outside the United States is different. See photos on Picasa Web Albums - Steve - Scuba Stuff f.... Contact me with any questions.

What's the history of the reg? I know you said 7 months old, but you mentioned it just came back from Sherwood. Was there an issue with the reg?
Also....I didn't see any pics of a sherwood reg on your page. Did I miss them?
Thanks for the info,
Rich

hey Rich....good question...so the SR1s had a history of seals popping. It wasn't an issue affecting functionality. The dive shop I brought it to wasn't sure if mine fit into that and they called Sherwood with the serial number. For safety, it went back to Sherwood. They also replaced a high pressure seat (so that's brand new, I'm told).
I'll check the photos - thanks for pointing it out. I hope it's there (you'll know as I'll be right back to post it) as my camera is out to SeaLife for service (seems like my month of sending gear in!).
If not, I'll get a camera this weekend and get some photos up.
Thanks,
Steve

Back
Top Bottom