Sherwood Regulator 1. Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trapezus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
12721644_1584273898560153_1400286186_n.jpg
12516406_1584273878560155_74089402_n.jpg

Does knowing the date of manufacture of this Sherwood ? I have no first stage ,still working.

Last edited:
Trapezus, I show the Sherwood 4100 regulator in the 1978 New England Divers Inc. catalog. It is listed as the "Sherwood 4100," but the photo shoes a "Sherwood 4000." 'Hope this helps.

SeaRat

Hearsay information, I picked up one from a buddy that says he got it from another in the mid 70's. I'll try to get ahold of him, the b*****d moved, and see if he can narrow him down on the dates. As far as I could find, it was the first SCUBA regulator made for 4000# service which is the reason for the beefy yoke. I wish the yoke was larger to fit on the modern valves, as it breathes quite nicely for an old reg.

On one end a j-valve assembly could be fitted, if you wanted the option.

Bob

Thank you very much for infos John C. Ratliff and Bob DBF . We are planning a vintage diving in Turkey (2016 )
Call've done all the old diver , I said bring whatever you have. He had this one and second stage Conshelf 6. They are working well..But yoke is short,it fit only old valves. He uses with Technisub 10+10 tanks. (1971).

Got a hold of Bruce and from what he remembers, he got it in the mid ' 80's from a movie gaffer who worked on Jaws 3D. The original owner got it and learned SCUBA to do underwater electrical and lighting just for that movie and and stopped diving immediately thereafter. I don't know if the rig was new or used then but he would have got it during pre-production of the movie which could have been years before its release in '83.

IMG_1061_zpsjjwhaeyv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1061_zpsjjwhaeyv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1061_zpsjjwhaeyv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1061_zpsjjwhaeyv.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_1064_zpsbbjovwd0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The third picture shows the proper end cap where the optional J-valve mechanism could be mounted. The colors are based on the remnants of the original paint on the reg, I just used permanent felt markers I had around for marking dive gear. I believe this may be the last of the metal body Sherwoods.

I picked up one of the seconds off eBay so that I would have two that match, since I liked how the original breathed.

I'll be taking it out for a spin again this summer at least once.

Bob
---------------------------------------
out finding how to post an actual picture.
Finally!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom