sherwood reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeatCker

Contributor
Reaction score
hey guys .. would anyone be able to id this sherwood reg set and give me some info
thanks

sherwood.jpg

well, first it is not a Sherwood, but a ScubaPro. Hard to say for sure, but looks like a MK5 with the old adjustable second stage and a 109 octo. Check on the vintage forum

of course .. i didn't notice the "S" .. i was told it was sherwood, owner has it for sale, and i was trying to get some info on it .. thanks for your help

Looks like a nice set of regulators. The MK5 appears to have the light 3000psi yoke which is not a problem unless you use HP tanks. The gauge is probably the 3600 psi version, I would personally only use it on LP tanks. The 109 octo has the exhaust tee mounted upside down (easy fix). I would not hesitate to pay in the $100-150 plus range if they are in as good condition as they appear in the photo.

thanks .. i'll try and get a few more close up pic's .. would this set up be good for cold water .. i was thinking of stripping it down for a pony bottle

The condition seems great. If the MK-5 is a spec (smaller holes in the ambient chamber) you could have it packed with lube for cold water operation.

Back
Top Bottom