sherwood kinesis vs. mares volo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mackaBpirate

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
these fins (kinesis vs. volos') look so similiar except for an outcropping at the end on the kinesis....the kinesis is made by sherwood, and the volo by mares. i have done alot of research on both these fins, but research doesn't compare to diving!! if anybody owns either of these fins (or both) i'd just like to gather some personal opinions before i go investing some more money:D and head to belize haha...
mackaB

mackaBpirate:
these fins (kinesis vs. volos') look so similiar except for an outcropping at the end on the kinesis....the kinesis is made by sherwood, and the volo by mares. i have done alot of research on both these fins, but research doesn't compare to diving!! if anybody owns either of these fins (or both) i'd just like to gather some personal opinions before i go investing some more money:D and head to belize haha...
mackaB

They are, essentialy, the same fin. Mares is the OEM for Sherwood on this product. the kinesis is made by Mares and sold by Sherwood.

I dive with the Mares Volo Power and they are quite comfortable and easy on the legs for a paddle style fin. I am new to scuba diving, but have snorkled and swam for many years. I snorkel with splits and love them. To compare, the Volo's seem more responsive.
I am looking forward to trying some Scubapro Jets sometime to see what the fuss is about!

My first scuba fins were the kinesis “Black”, theyr supposed to be a little stiffer than the colored ones, very nice fins, recently I just got the jet fins but I still use the kinesis from time to time, they are way lighter than the jets.

alright sweet...welll thanx guys, thats good to know! i bought the sherwoods cuz they were cheaper!! and yellow....
mackaB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom