Sherwood Blizzard 2nd Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubMariner

C'est Moi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My original reg is a Sherwood Blizzard circa 1991. Right now it's relegated to occasional use as a back up or by relatives on dive trips. My problem is with the 2nd stage.

Once upon a time Pearce misplaced my reg in Toby (a polite way of saying he droped it on the deck of the diveboat :wink:). The purge button and the spring behind it popped out. Ever since then, despite several retro-fit fixes with Sherwood kits, it still has a disturbing tendency to do this if manhandled.

Oh, it goes back together fine, and works like a champ. But when your Sister In Law gives you the look when she winds up with two "spare bits" in the gear bag... Well, you know it's time to see if it can be fixed for good or to get another second stage.

So, I have two questions:

1) anyone know where I can get a Blizzard 2nd stage to replace this one? I called Leisure Pro, but they will only sell me an entire reg.

2) can I use another make of 2nd stage with my Sherwood; will there be an IP issue?

Thanks for any input,

~SubMariner~

I checked with my wife (I mean store manager) who does all our ordering and she told me that Sherwood is one of the regs that we can't buy one piece at a time (Zeagles we can). It may be possible to get a replacement face plate for the reg. I say may because if the reg is old enough the parts may not exist. We have been able to get older Sherwood parts than that though. There also isn't any reason that you couldn't use another second stage. Sherwoods use an IP similar to other regs. Just tune whatever second you get to the sherwood first. I would first see if someone could get the parts to fix it right though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom