Sherwood BCs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm curious where one mounts the knife on a Freedom BC. I don't see an obvious or built-in mounting point.

I do not have and do not intend to purchase the Ankona Pro Kit, but just like the previous post, I'm curious where Sherwood intended the knife to be placed.

Thanks for your help

I don't know about the Avid by on my Freedom, the knife attaches at the cummerbund. You have to unscrew one of the many attachments hooked up on the cummerbund, insert the nylon straps (or is it webbing) through the loops on the knife sheath, and then screw the attachments back on the nylon straps.

Thanks for the info midwestdvr, it's so obvious now that I know what I'm looking for.

I was expecting the knife to attach using plastic rivets and some sort of holes or gromets in the cumberbund or pocket, like on the Seaquest Black Diamond.

On the Freedom, the knife basically hangs just below the cumberbund on the nylon webbing for the two quick connect clips in front. The plastic quick connect clips can be removed (to install the knife sheath) by removing the screw posts that hold them to the loops in the webbing.

A pretty slick idea in my book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom