Sherwood Avid BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it has an elastic closure at the waist, I would avoid it. On BC's with this design the elastic wears out. Also, if the velcro wears on the cummerbund, the elastic will not hold the thing together.

Consider the new Seaquest Pro QD+ as well. I have tried both and thought the Avid was a better BC as the QD had a velcro release on the weight pockets. The new QD+ for 2003 has a nifty 'surelok' system which does away with the velcro on the pockets and puts the plastic lock at the front of the pocket rather than the back making insertion easier. On the weight pockets themselves they have added a handle to carry them by and a strap inside to keep the smaller weights from moving about. The other real nice change is the main pockets have been enlarged by adding a 'gill' to them so that they are now actually functional.
Don't bother with the optional integrated safety sausage which looks like a possible point of failure to me.

So three months ago I would have said go with the Avid but now I am going to buy the Pro QD+.

Back
Top Bottom