Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@finbob Sorry we will just miss each other. If you can please post your experiences. I got a really good rate with Stuart Cove's for 3 divers including the Shark Awareness Course over our stay so that's what we will do.

We dived with Bahama Divers for 6-dives. Very pleased with their pick-up service from the Sheraton and dive experience. Bahama Divers give personal attention which I rather liked. The actual diving in the Bahamas, at least in my limited experience proved to be rather disappointing. However, we did an additional 2-Shark dives with Stuart Cove which was outstanding, strongly recommended.

Regarding the Bahamas and Sheraton. We found both rather disappointing and would not return. The Bahamas generally is VERY expensive
and the Sheraton as a resort both expensive & boring. We were informed that they are into a $3 Billion development.

We did go to Atlantis a $7 Billion resort - so I'm informed. The resort is amazing and if you do go to the Bahamas an absolute must!
The aquarium is simply stunning.

@finbob Sorry we will just miss each other. If you can please post your experiences. I got a really good rate with Stuart Cove's for 3 divers including the Shark Awareness Course over our stay so that's what we will do.

Regarding the Bahamas and Sheraton. We found both rather disappointing and would not return. The Bahamas generally is VERY expensive and the Sheraton as a resort both expensive & boring

everything in the islands is expensive. All food and products for the most part has to be imported. doesn't matter if you're in the Bahamas, or any other island. They all have transportation cost from the US plus most have a hefty import tax. (most of the stuff imported into the Bahamas is about a 40% tax I've been told. (i'll let someone else go verify that).

so... everything on islands are expensive. It's just the way it is. Not just the Baahmas.

We did go to Atlantis a $7 Billion resort - so I'm informed. The resort is amazing and if you do go to the Bahamas an absolute must!
The aquarium is simply stunning.

While I'll agree it's an amazing resort,..... but if you don't like how expensive the Sheraton is.... you're gonna freak when you see the pricing at the Atlantis resort (rooms, food, booze). all MUCH MUCH MUCH higher than the Sheraton.

Mike_s Yes you are absolutely correct regarding pricing esp. at Atlantis! Great to visit, nice to stay if you have deep pockets!
In terms of the Caribbean, I found the DR very reasonable, as well as St. Lucia.

Cuba still rates high in my opinion for diving and cost/effectiveness. But I know there are restrictions from the USA placed on its citizens. Perhaps they will ease up as time progresses?

Back
Top Bottom