Shell drysuit without undergarments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The other reason to wear something between your suit and your skin is to keep you from sweating as much. Bare skin against the material tends to make me sweat, wearing a thin polartec type material works well for me.

i agree on at least a pair of sweats. it's really interesting explaining how you got a suit hickey to someone that doesn't dive I.E. my wife...... i wonder if she bought my explaination or not...............

Ber Rabbit:
I've had my drysuit literally take a small chunk out of my knee when I didn't have enough underwear on.

There's something you don't hear everyday. :wink:

Scottri:
I did some diving in warmer water with my drysuit and I wore just very thin polypro underwear, the kind you wear under ski clothes and it worked well. Regular old thermal underwear would work well also.

Would you mind giving us some of the temperatures? I'm overseas and the during my time here, the water temps will range from around 6 degress to 24. I left my wetsuit at home and instead, brought my thick Bare CT-200 undies and 2 pairs of polypro of varying thickness. I'm going to move to the polypro as the temps rise..and they're starting to already. I'm trying to figure out what fits where.

I wore the thermals or polypro in 65 or 70 degree water. Normally I dive in 45-50 degree water with full body fleece undergarmets.

Scottri:
I wore the thermals or polypro in 65 or 70 degree water. Normally I dive in 45-50 degree water with full body fleece undergarmets.

Thanks. It's good to have a point of reference before I jump in the water to find out for sure.

Sorry for the highjack OP.

dlent:
I've been told never to wear a shell drysuit without undergarments. What happens when these are worn without undergarments? I was thinking of wearing mine with a long sleeve sweatshirt and shorts on warmer days.

I do this all the time with my viking suit.
You won't know if you don't try it.

John

Even with a drysuit you can still get chilled. I used a tshirt and a pair of shorts in in the pool. The persperation actualy soaked the tshirt and made me cold. Get something that will wick the water away from your body. Cotton holds water!!!!!!

Cave Diver:
There's something you don't hear everyday. :wink:

By any chance are you interested in buying a Viking that doesn't like women in skimpy underwear? :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
By any chance are you interested in buying a Viking that doesn't like women in skimpy underwear? :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

:lol: Ber are you getting a new suit?

I was going to wear mine with shorts and a t-shirt once, and I didn't even make it into the water before I was screaming for long shirt and pants. I couldn't stand the fabric touching my skin. I was sweating profusly and the suit was plastered against me. I've gone as light weight as wearing just a pair of lycra running tights, and a cool max t-shirt.

You want to go with fabrics that will wick persperation away from you. I really like Under Armor for light weight underware, or as a liner under my polarflece stuff.

I personally don't ever switch to think socks. I always wear the thicker wool ones under my DS because of the pinching mentioned above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom