Shearwater Redundancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are TONS of people with two predators or petrels on their arms. One on each arm. No problem with buying two of the best of something.

ROFLAMO

Sure, there are TONS of people who can afford not one but two $1000+ computers. I know you live in cave country but what is normal there isn't normal around the rest of the world. I'm sure the number of divers in the world with dual SR computers (or similar) are like 0.01% of the diving population.

Put another way, it's like saying there are TONS of Neon in the atmosphere. And that would technically be true. But it's still very rare.

I've decide to trade in the Predator and get 2 Petrels. I'll try one with surgical tubing and the other with bungee to compare donning and comfort.
Thanks for all the replies.
Does anybody want to buy an Aeris Epic?

Yes, I'm part of the 0.01%... Finally feel special! Not sure my gfriend will get
hers back when the baby arrives and she can dive again.
In the meantime, I'll have 1 Predator as a main (with original straps) and 1 Petrel as backup. Each on one arm running the same algorithm.
I don't see the point of leaving the backup in a pocket. This will actually turn out to be a problem with gas switching...

Yes, I'm part of the 0.01%... Finally feel special! Not sure my gfriend will get
hers back when the baby arrives and she can dive again.
In the meantime, I'll have 1 Predator as a main (with original straps) and 1 Petrel as backup. Each on one arm running the same algorithm.
I don't see the point of leaving the backup in a pocket. This will actually turn out to be a problem with gas switching...

Great point about the switching, probably would have figured that out on the first dive!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom