Shearwater quality control

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many people come here for help, if you're going to tell them off and not ask questions here, this is going to eliminate the majority of traffic on SB. The travel questions can be asked from dive resorts, equipment issues from manufacturers, etc. We just talk about split fins and shark attacks.
If he came here and asked if that smudge is a problem he would get polite answers.
But no, he came here stating that SW QC cards are worthless. Making blank statements like that tends to stir people up.

If he came here and asked if that smudge is a problem he would get polite answers.
But no, he came here stating that SW QC cards are worthless. Making blank statements like that tends to stir people up.

He should ask to speak to a manager. :)

More seriously, I understand he wants a perfect product for this price and his complaint is valid (he could suspect that the product is not new or have a hidden defect) but I also agree that seems that he came here to give a thumbs down rather to seek help.

Received my brand new Perdix 2 “Camo Edition” today.

As soon as I removed the glass sticker I noticed this weird smudge on the LCD.

Make sure you check your computer thoroughly because the quality checklist card that comes with it is useless.
I'm curious, what part of the checklist wasn't performed?

I know you have returned it, but as far as you can telI, is there anything functionally wrong with the dive computer? Were any contents missing? I.e., what of part of the quality checklist is incorrect?

I agree that there is a cosmetic issue, but I could see how this could be missed. Someone messed up during assembly, but someone working fast to do the quality checklist could easily miss that smudge. Expecting Shearwater to augment their quality checklist with visual inspection is perfectly reasonable to force the person doing the QC carefully look at each computer, which I think it what you also expect.

1688514688662.png

To an outsider who seldom browses SB, don't know who usually defends what brand, the SW guys really stand out (not in a good way) and could've handled this thread better.
LOL. And your post could have been written to be more informative rather than just judgemental and critical. :)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread has had a clean up. There may be more to come.
Please do not troll or enter into bicker battles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom