Shearwater petral 2 screen flicker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Heya ladies and gents.

I have just had my Shearwater petrel 2 repaired due to flooding, it's been repaired by a Shearwater recommended agent, the also upgraded from the perspex to titanium face.

They also did pressure tests ect to ensure that it is working correctly.

I received it back yesterday (a week after they completed the work due to being on a island and getting someone to bring it back to me.

When I turned it on for the first time to set it up for a dive today, it came on for all of 30 seconds, it all seemed fine, then the screen flickered a bit and turned off. I a tried a different battery but all that happens now is it will turn on for 2-3 seconds and then white screen and turn off and be unresponsive.

I am waiting to hear w h at they repair company say, but are there any Gurus that have any suggestions to try? I don't really want to have to send it back and wait a further few weeks due to shipping..

Thank you for the advice

Back
Top Bottom