Shearwater Peregrine TX - Match DSAT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobbiK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any recommendations of Shearwater Peregrine TX Gradient factor/Conservatism settings to match older Oceanic/Pelagic/DSAT algorithm? Many buddies have Oceanic/Sherwood/Genesis computers.

Hi @BobbiK

Buhlmann with GF and DSAT do not run exactly the same for 1st clean dive or repetitive dives. DSAT is generally more liberal on 1st clean dive, particularly if deeper. Buhlmann is generally more liberal on repetitive dives, especially if shallower.

A GF high of 95 matches DSAT reasonably well for many dives.

I have posted about this before, including extremes

Buhlmann with GF and DSAT do not run exactly the same for 1st clean dive or repetitive dives. DSAT is generally more liberal on 1st clean dive, particularly if deeper. Buhlmann is generally more liberal on repetitive dives, especially if shallower.

A GF high of 95 matches DSAT reasonably well for many dives.

I have posted about this before, including extremes

@scubadada if your oceanic had dual algorithm's would you run your backup as Pelagic Z+ (Buhlman ZHL-16c) vs keeping it on DSAT? I got a new backup computer (cobalt trade up to a proplus x) that has the dual algorithm's and I was planning on using the Z+ (to match my mk3i) but you can also not really adjust the GF on the ProPlus X other than turning on a Conservative option that decrease dive times by 1 altitude level.

I don't know much about the subject, so I always lean towards folks that have a much better ideal than I. I use to just exclusively dive DSAT many moons ago, before I got my atomic cobalt in 2011.

Hi @staggsSevin

I have been running an Oceanic computer with DSAT since 2002. I have run a number of 2nd computers, one running Buhlmann and GF since 2016.

I have no experience with PZ+. I believe it would be reasonably matched with a GF high of 85, maybe 90, you would have to see.

You have 4 choices on an Oceanic computer, from most liberal to most conservative, DSAT, PZ+, DSAT with conservatism, PZ+ with conservatism

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom