Shearwater Peregrine AI (sort of ... console mount)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a thought on market strategy...brand name recognition ought to count for something, yes? I imagine most divers don't spend time on scuba board. Their brand awareness is impacted mainly by what they see at the local dive shop, and used by their instructor, and later on dive boats. Maybe a dive magazine they picked up at the dive shop or got a subscription to as part of some package deal?

If Shearwater Peregrines roll out in dive shop rental fleets, then OW students see the Shearwater name, and initially learn using a Shearwater computer. When they decide to buy themselves computers, maybe they look online and when they search, pay attention to Shearwater options...which tend to get great reviews. They already know how to use one...

While the Shearwater brand is somewhat revered on Scuba Board, it might be 'Brand X' in the eyes of many OW students compared to AquaLung, ScubaPro, Oceanic Worldwide, Suunto, etc... This might help change that.

Sometimes there's a method to the madness...

I'm all for it funding rec. trimix and sidemount AI in the Peregrine case. When was that coming again? I would settle for just rec. trimix. That I see, these (rec trimix) classes really ask for a trimix computer...., much as people are debating that whole helium penalty thing.

I'm all for it funding rec. trimix and sidemount AI in the Peregrine case. When was that coming again? I would settle for rec. trimix. That I see, these (rec trimix) classes really ask for a trimix computer...., much as people are debating that whole helium penalty thing.

So a Pedrix (AI or non-AI)....

So a Pedrix (AI or non-AI)....
Big. Expensive. Big. I'm not fully against the expensive part. But BIG. And the watch one looks like too small a screen, cool as it is. I'm not enough not against the expensive part to just buy the cool watch version because it is cool.

Pedrix vs. Peregrine - have you put the two side by side to actually compare them (not the Teric - it is too small)?

Pedrix vs. Peregrine - have you put the two side by side
Hmm. No, I haven't. This is only a recent anticipated need. The profile diagrams look close, as sleek as the Peregrine looks. The thickness was the annoyance, though the Perdix back 'excess' is curved. Though Perdix doesn't have vibration alarms.

Thanks. That is not as bad an option as I thought. Particularly when looking at $700 in transmitters eventually. A slimming rework would still be nice.

Hmm. No, I haven't. This is only a recent anticipated need. The profile diagrams look close, as sleek as the Peregrine looks. The thickness was the annoyance, though the Perdix back 'excess' is curved. Though Perdix doesn't have vibration alarms.

Thanks. That is not as bad an option as I thought. Particularly when looking at $700 in transmitters eventually. A slimming rework would still be nice.

The two side by side.
5BF461BB-49F5-45D9-AF10-A56E5CC01E08.jpeg
355FD353-5949-41E8-934A-271DCBABD753.jpeg

If you ever owned a Predator or a Petrel, you would be satisfied with the size quite happily...

Amen!! The Perdix thickness is fantastic relative to the Petrel & Predator.

Back
Top Bottom