Closed Shearwater Perdix (Non-AI) Brand New

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm guessing many of the items that you described are being offered by "industry professionals" who probably got a discount off retail. They can buy gear, use it a few times, then sell it for basically what they paid for it (or in some cases maybe a little more). NOT a dive professional myself, so can't confirm, just a guess...

B I N G O !!

We have a winner. :dance:

I'm guessing many of the items that you described are being offered by "industry professionals" who probably got a discount off retail. They can buy gear, use it a few times, then sell it for basically what they paid for it (or in some cases maybe a little more). NOT a dive professional myself, so can't confirm, just a guess...

I'm sure that's happening just like it does in every industry that offers these discounts. Speaking specifically about Facebook marketplace posts though, clicking through on people's profiles is usually enough to get a sense of if they're a dive professional, and a simple search on phrases like "used once" brings up many ads by people that are not obviously dive professionals.

It's possible that the professional status is not on their profile, but scuba seems to be one step below crossfit and vegans (... they'll tell you!), or they're giving the stuff to a friend to sell, but my first inclination is to come up with a simpler explanation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom